I had a check-up yesterday, my last one here in Rexburg.
(if you're looking for a belly pic, check the previous post)
They pricked my finger to check my hemoglobin levels, and all was good. No glucose test needed :)
My blood pressure is great, and I gained 3 pounds last month making a total of 12 for this pregnancy. I'm happy about that, especially since I wasn't too sick this last month, 3 lbs isn't too bad. I'm pretty sure I had gained way more than 12 lbs by 27 weeks when pregnant with Calin. And I'm measuring right on schedule.
I also got my RhoGAM shot (and blood drawn so they can test whatever they need to with my blood & Rh), so I'm all taken care of :)
After my appointment I decided I needed a treat since I got my finger poked, a yucky shot, and blood drawn all in one visit, so Jordan and Calin took me to Kiwi Loco, a new yogurt place that opened in town. SO good! I can't believe they just now opened as we are leaving! I have been dying for a good yogurt place here! Maybe it's a good thing. It's pay by the ounce, so it's pretty spendy. But their yogurt is just as good as Yogurt Mill's back in Modesto (and I'm always craving yogurt mill!). Yogurt Mill still has more and better flavors, but Kiwi Loco's yogurt is so delicious and creamy! They gave us some coupons, so maybe we'll go back today :)A little random note - This morning I headed to the temple by myself, and I had the thought to tell Jordan where the benedryl was (because I made chocolate peanut butter cookies last night, and was worried Calin might climb on the counter and snag one) but I didn't. Sure enough, while I was gone Jordan fed Calin, not a cookie, but a snickers granola bar (with peanuts). He didn't have any type of reaction at all. Jordan said it was because there weren't really peanuts in it, but Calin didn't eat the whole thing and after looking at it, there are plenty of peanuts, and lots with little Calin bites taken out of them. So, hopefully he just had a couple small reactions to peanuts in the past, and the allergy already passed? That would be GREAT! We'll see. I guess we could give him a cookie and see what happens (we do have an epi-pen for him), but I'm not that brave.
Oh, and also, I received an email from a distant cousin who pointed out that our baby girl will be the 17th generation of mother/daughters that have been identified in my family tree.
Oh, and also, I received an email from a distant cousin who pointed out that our baby girl will be the 17th generation of mother/daughters that have been identified in my family tree.
Baby Girl Spence (2011 - ) who is the daughter of
Michaela Elizabeth Valponi (1983 - ) who is the daughter of
Joan Louise Parkinson (1957 - ) who is the daughter of
Harriet Jane Henry (1931 - ) who is the daughter of
Harriet Rebecca Jackson (1897 - 1991) who is the daughter of
Helen Miller (1860 - 1940) who is the daughter of
Frances Louisa Pitney (1829 - 1899) who is the daughter of
Keziah Fox (1810 - 1880) who is the daughter of
Wealthy Phillips (1784 - 1813) who is the daughter of
Lydia Shafter (1760 - 1814) who is the daughter of
Esther McMellen (1723/4 - ?) who is the daughter of
Esther Town (1686 - ?) who is the daughter of
Mary Smith (1658 - 1726) who is the daughter of
Mary French (1633 - 1683) who is the daughter of
Mary Scudamore (1612 - 1681) who is the daughter of
Frances Lechmere (1568 - ?) who is the daughter of
Margery (1538 - ?)
Isn't that neat. I would have hated to break that line by not having a baby Spence girl to add to it :)
6 comments:
Hey That would Be GREAT if he isn't allergic to peanuts and just had mild reactions before... Yeah I wouldn't be brave enough to give him a cookie either to test it out.
I did that too whenever I had to get shots or blood drawn. I would go to kneaders though for a fruit tart. HAHA Glad to hear everything is checking out well with the pregnancy. We can't wait to meet the little lady!
So Kiwi Loco is good. Good to know. That would be nice if he isn't allergic. I am sure he will have plenty more accidental encounters with peanuts that you don't need to give it to him. :)
Glad your check up went well. Frozen yogurt sounds yummy! And how neat your daughter will be the next in line for that many generations!
Wow that's SO neat about your family tree. Good thing you're having a girl! Gosh i hope i get a girl one day too (not that i have baby fever... don't you worry)... just can't wait to dress her up! ;) hehe Miss you!!!!
I know I'm glad to see the geneology female side carried on. Yay.
I didn't see that generation line before, I think the name Wealthy is pretty awesome.
Post a Comment